The Young Earth System Scientists (YESS) community unifies international and multidisciplinary early career researchers in a powerful network, providing a voice and leverage for a better future to serve society.
YESS is focused on, but not limited to, early career researchers (Master students, PhD candidates, Postdocs within 5 years of PhD) in the Earth system sciences.
As young scientists, we have a critical role in shaping the future of Earth system science. We lead new endeavors at the frontiers of science, seamlessly integrating international research across multiple disciplines. Within the YESS community, we seek to pioneer crucial areas of research which provide solutions to benefit society.
YESS is devoted to:
- Provide a valuable international platform for early career researchers. We welcome members from a range of scientific backgrounds and aim to create synergies between researchers in natural and social sciences who represent the future of Earth system science. YESS particularly focuses on interdisciplinary atmospheric and climate sciences.
- Initiate and strengthen collaborations across different graduate schools and institutes internationally.
- Serve as a powerful partner with prominent international organizations to give young scientists a collective voice.
- Enhance interactions between early career researchers in order to facilitate exchange of scientific ideas and experiences, online, and by organizing events and activities at conferences and workshops.
- Foster the future generation of Earth system science researchers.
- Establish an independent and new way to communicate within the diverse fields of Earth system science.
- Set an example for the scientific community through an online network, reducing our carbon footprint and enabling interaction across diverse regions and cultures.
Find out more about