YESS aims to highlight the scientific contributions by early career researchers in the community to make their work more visible and to enhance scientific interactions among community members and beyond. The Science Highlights will be mainly in the form of published papers and will be posted here on a regular basis*.
Gulizia, C., Pirotte, M. N. (2021). Characterization of simulated extreme El Niño events and projected impacts on South American climate extremes by a set of Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 5 global climate models. International Journal of Climatology, 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.7231
H. Vishnu, G. Deane, M. Chitre, O. Glowacki, D. Stokes, and M. Moskalik (2020). Vertical directionality and spatial coherence of the sound field in glacial bays in Hornsund Fjord. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 148, no. 6, 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1121/10.0002868
Peings, Y., Labe, Z. M., & Magnusdottir, G. (2021). Are 100 ensemble members enough to capture the remote atmospheric response to + 2° C Arctic sea ice loss? Journal of Climate, 34(10), 3751-3769. https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-20-0613.1
Osman, M., Coelho, C.A.S. & Vera, C.S (2021). Calibration and combination of seasonal precipitation forecasts over South America using Ensemble Regression. Clim Dyn. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-021-05845-2
Salauddin Mohammad, Gopa Dutta, P V Rao, MCA Kumar, PV Kumar and Krishna Ette (2021). Seasonal variations of Inertia Gravity Waves over Hyderabad (17.4 °N, 78.5 °E), a tropical station using radiosonde measurements. J. Atmos. Solar Terrs. Phys. (Elsevier), 219 105641. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2021.105641
If you want to submit your highlight, please fill this form.
If you can’t access to Google Form, you can send your highlight to gro.ytinummoc-sseynull@sthgilhgih-ecneics
Guidelines to submit your highlight:
- You should be a YESS member.
- The paper should be in the scope of interdisciplinary Earth system sciences (natural and social sciences).
- You should be an author of the paper (lead or co-author).
- The paper should be published within the last six months.
- Citation should be in APA format + DOI.
- Add a link to your YESS profile.
- Add one picture or figure from your paper to feature on the website (optional).
- Add your Twitter user to mention you when we advertise the Science Highlights (optional).
*Note that this will be a rolling list, which will be updated regularly based on incoming submissions.