Welcome to the YESS community
YESS, the Young Earth System Scientists community, is an interdisciplinary community among and for early career researchers from Earth system research institutes and universities across the globe.
YESS was founded in Hamburg in October 2010 by PhD students from Earth system research centers across Germany to be a self-maintained superstructure that aims to enhance communication between different graduate schools and between the multitude of diverse research institutes that define the German and European Earth system science landscape.
It has since grown in ambitions to become international and interdisciplinary and has members from all over the world. We are proud to be an independent network of like-minded, interdisciplinarily oriented Young Earth System Scientists – when will you join us?
If you are a Master-level or PhD student (or very ambitious Bachelor) or a Postdoc and are interested in a network that outreaches your specific discipline, join YESS! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us
YESS is – besides world peace and other things – devoted to:
- establishing an independent, new way of communication for the diverse field of Earth system science,
- initiating and strengthening collaboration across different graduate schools and institutes,
- spreading local initiatives and events (meetups at big conferences),
- providing opportunities for direct personal contacts by organizing retreats and interdisciplinary conferences, and
- doing what you want to do in a free and evolving framework of like-minded young researchers.