Welcome to the YESS community website!
YESS, the YOUNG EARTH SYSTEM SCIENTISTS community, is a communication platform among young researchers from Earth system research institutes across Germany.
It is a self-maintained superstructure that aims to enhance communication between different graduate schools and between the multitude of diverse research institutes that define the German Earth system science landscape.
YESS was founded in Hamburg in October 2010 by PhD students from Earth system research centers across Germany.
YESS is devoted to:
- promoting networking among young scientists,
- establishing an independent, stable communication infrastructure,
- initiating and strengthening collaboration across different graduate schools and institutes
- spreading local initiatives and events, and
- providing opportunities for direct personal contacts by organizing yearly retreats.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us